Well our typical dates usually include me blogging and Ryan playing Xbox-just kidding, but normally it is going out to eat every few weeks or watching a movie after the girls are asleep or something of the sort-pretty typical. But the last few weeks we have been lucky enough to go on some pretty cool dates. Two weekends ago we had tickets to the Jazz vs. Lakers game with the guys Ryan works with and their wives. We rode with Ammon and Ali and met up with most everybody else at a delicious Chinese restaurant in Salt Lake and then went to the game. It was a great game-the Jazz ended up winning, but we had great seats so it was a lot of fun!
During the second half Thurl Bailey was talking to the people two rows up from us and taking pictures with people, so I finally decided I wanted to meet him and he had already left. Last week we finally got to go snowmobiling-Ryan's Christmas present. We had originally scheduled to go a few days after Christmas, but there was not enough snow for the longer ride we had planned so we opted to go later. I am glad we waited because we both loved it! We were tired when we got back but it was great!
We lucked out and were the only ones in our group (there were others going later on a shorter trip and people who had left earlier) so it was just us and our awesome guide. We covered tons of ground and had a lot of freedom to do whatever we wanted to do. We started out in Midway and first we went clear up the mountain to some open areas and our guide just let us go wherever we wanted. Then we headed out another direction towards Heber and the best part is we were on the groomed trails so we could go fast-Ryan wanted to see how fast we could get going so at one point we were going 50 mph. We went down to Cascade Springs and through a bunch of non-groomed trails in fresh snow which was fun because we were just in the middle of trees, but challenging because neither of us have been before so navigating in tight spaces is a little nervewracking :). On the way back Ryan was loving it and he happened to go off a "jump" and I had no clue so I seriously thought I was going to fly off. Of course he thought it was so cool he wanted to go again-I thought I was going to die, but luckily (I was seriously holding on with every body part I could) we both stayed on. Although we about tipped twice going around corners and Ryan got semi-stuck once going up a giant hill in the meadow area by himself no one got hurt. We saw 2 moose bedded down in the deep snow which was pretty cool, they were probably 50-75 feet up the hill from the trail. It was great having so much time to spend together talking and watching Ryan have soo much fun, I love this hubby of mine!!
1 comment:
Look at all your updating! I love to hear about how big your girls are getting. Looks like you guys are doing great!
Post a Comment