



He is such a lively little boy with so much excitement! And his "fluffiness" in his hands and feet just gets me. Oh how we love our big guy!
Today my little/big man is 1 year old! I can not believe how fast the time has gone and while I love watching him grow, it kind of breaks my heart how big he is getting so fast and just how time truly does fly by! I think back to last year at this time and everything that was going on and I am not really sure how we got through everything last summer, but I am pretty sure we are crazy at the very least. Between surgery, a new baby, regular work and life stuff, and a 3 on 3 tournament a few weeks later it was a hectic time! Sometimes I feel bad because with how busy everything always is I don't always get to do the things I want to with/for my kids. I have great ideas, but I know those ideas would require too much time and stress that I can not have right now. Anyway so I have learned this year that I have to prioritize very carefully where I spend my time because I can only spend it once :(. So 9 out of 10 times I will pick my kids over anything else. I may not have my house as organized as I would like, Cam's room may STILL not be totally done (when he is asleep is my best working time, but then I can't be in his room!) and I may not have a cool slideshow of his first year of life or a fancy first birthday party planned for him, but darn it he is a complete stud and we love this little boy soo much! I remember finding out we were expecting him and I was so shocked, worried, fearful, etc. and maybe only a little excited. By the time I got my brain wrapped around it I got shingles. It was towards the end of my first trimester (life was pretty stressful with Ryan's work and travel schedule and other things we were working on, along with a sick 1 year old with chicken pox) and I was relieved it was shingles and not something that could harm my baby (chicken pox) because even though I had no clue how I would be able to not only take care of 3 little kids but truly give them what they need, I loved this little baby so much! He has been such a blessing in our lives and even though it is certainly more hectic and definitely non-stop around here, he has added so much to our family. My girls absolutely adore him and to see how they act towards one another truly melts my heart. As soon as he is awake from a nap they are wanting to see him and quickly and excitedly inform me that "Cam Man" is awake and then he is slightly sleepy, but as soon as he sees Ilene or Alli's happy grin he returns it with a big, excited smile of his own. They have this bond that makes me so happy. It strengthens my testimony that even though we may not know exactly why things happen, Heavenly Father does. It is still tricky at times and sometimes it would be easier with only 2 kids, but I wouldn't ever want to be without my little man or either of my big girls! He is just so cute and so fun to be around. He has this happiness and love that just spreads. So Cam, I am so very very glad you are part of our family and even though it may not be perfect, I wouldn't want it any other way! Last summer when you were born, your dad was barely walking (in a giant boot cast) as we went to the hospital because of his ankle surgery so I had to pretty well do everything for him because he couldn't carry anything or help with much unless he could stay in one place. Alli was only 4 years and 2 1/2 months old, and Ilene was the ripe old age of 18 1/2 months old. I wanted to come home from the hospital the next night and you were born fairly late in the evening so we got home LATE! We got home to 2 girls asleep and a sleeping baby, but soon had 3 crying children right after grandma left. Your dad and I looked at each other kind of worried about what in the world we would do. I remember feeling like I was done-no more kids for me and overwhelmed with everything you 3 needed. But one day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time we did it and the days got easier and everyone adjusted. I have learned to be patient with myself and with my sweet, precious kids! I have simplified my expectations and don't really care what other people think. I have become better at doing what is best for my kids and my family so thank you. We spend a lot of time at home, but we have great times here. And some of our outings are pretty adventurous ;). In your first year of life you have traveled quite a few places though! You have been to St. George a few times, Arizona once, Las Vegas a couple times, and you even made it to Mexico! Luckily you are pretty "tough" but have a pretty go with the flow attitude and I can already tell you are a jokester with a great sense of humor who will continue to love making us laugh! Buddy you brighten my day so often when it is stressful and your smile that is getting more teeth is one of my favorite sites to see! You have 4 teeth all the way in with a 5 popped through and 3 more working on breaking all the way through. You love your food and you still like to have a bottle or two in the night because you are convinced you will starve without it! You are a pretty good sleeper and you like to be in your crib, but you move around a lot! You like to be held to go to sleep and are pretty snuggly. You SWEAT a lot and get hot so many nights now that it is summer you sleep in a onesie with your swaddle blanket that you pretty quickly get out of. You are not a huge fan of your carseat, but you do like that your sisters play with you since they are next to you. You love music and as soon as you can hear it you are bouncing to the beat (and typically on the beat!). You like to clap your hands, say mama, take the spoon when you are eating (and then give it back to me), play with balls, splash in the tub, and sing/yell songs. You are very vocal and try to communicate quite a bit with your 'Buh" and your pointing arms and occasional growls. You love when Ilene and Alli sing for you and you get so excited when your daddy gets home from work! You are a super fast crawler and will take a few steps walking before you crawl. You love climbing and have mastered going up the stairs, but going down makes me nervous for you! Happy 1st birthday Little "Cam Man" I am so excited to see the person you will become!





















No comments:
Post a Comment