CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kindergarten

I officially have a kindergartener! She had been excited, but then I think with her eye issues and everything with Ilene happening the first day of school it was a little overwhelming.  Ryan actually dropped her off to school since I was with Ilene getting labs, so we only have a few pictures.  The first 2 days she thought were a little "long" but she hasn't complained about going ever and she is always happy when I drop her off and pick her up.  Today though I got to go help with their centers and she looked so happy and when I picked her up at the end of school she said it was her favorite day so far! Her teacher is really sweet and nice and her favorite friend Ruby is in her class so that definitely helps :).  So far the classmate I hear about most is Riley.  He is this cute boy who is finishing the last of his cancer treatments.  She is so concerned about him and if he misses or leaves early she will tell me about it.  I love how much she cares about him.
Alli at the doctor before her first day of school.  

 Right after school.  And below she is walking home with her favorite friend up the street.
 The second day of school to help make up for missing the first :).  She was doing their graph for the day.
 Here she is at the table.
She has loved learning and it has been fun to see what she has learned so far.  She loves singing the songs and reciting the poems they have learned :) and she seems to be constantly doing math on any paper she can have drawing lots of 1s (backwards) and adding them up.  Like 111+11111= with a 3 under the one side and 5 under the other with the answer in another spot.  And she has been sounding out words to write for a while, but she definitely does it more and is better at it :).  I love this big girl of mine!!!

1 comment:

jenn + michael said...

I cannot believe she is a kindergartener! How did that happen? She's darling!