CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 10, 2010

Lately




I have a hard time believing that it has already been 3 weeks since Ilene was born, but at the same time it seems like it has just been this way forever-kinda feels like Groundhog Day most of the time :). It is so weird thinking back to what it was like before she was born. A little easier to go places, but this is probably good- Alli and I definitely stay at home more! Ilene had her two week check up on Monday and she has grown an inch and gained almost a pound-she weighed 9 lbs. 4 oz. We just finished up newborn diapers and started with size 1. She eats like a champ-Ryan's remark this morning was "she's going to eat us out of house and home." haha I am glad we have these two girls if that is his concern when one of them is not even a month old yet! She likes her baths and she sleeps pretty good most nights only waking up a few times-only problem is that it takes a while to feed her since she is still pretty sleepy so she will eat vigorously-and then just as quickly be asleep. And when she does want to eat you would think we have been starving the poor girl, there is no escalation in crying she goes from sleeping/content to screaming/screeching like you flipped a switch! She is really strong (which is good considering she has a very involved big sister) and has been able to hold her head up pretty good since we were in the hospital. Alli has been really helpful and loves her sister so much! She is fiercely protective of Ilene and you should consider yourself lucky if she lets you look at her sister let alone hold her! She tells me often about things they are going to do together "when Ilene is bigger." Like today after Alli found one of her Christmas presents (a princess table) she tore a picture from a coloring book for Ilene to do when she is older-Alli will never be accused of being unprepared! For the most part there hasn't been a whole lot of jealously from Alli, she always wants to be matching with her sister-quite the challenge to make matching outfits with a newborn and 4T-so she wears some interesting outfits at times, but it makes her happy so I really don't care all that much and I am just happy that she loves her sister enough to want to be matching ALL the time! She is THE best at getting me diapers and wipes. Anytime I ask for a diaper she says sure and then checks to see if I need a wipe-and brings one just in case whether I say I do or not. I am so glad to have her, especially when she is happy and not cranky from her disrupted schedule. We are starting to get a little more organized with a schedule so Alli's nap is now hopefully going to continue (for all of our sanity!) and with that I am hoping the fits will decrease. Most of the time she is soo good, I could not ask for anything more from her (although lately I find myself expecting her to do -on less sleep- than I should-I feel bad about that). The joy Alli gets from holding Ilene and "taking care" of her is so sweet, I am so glad they are like that and I hope it continues throughout their lives! We have been so blessed with wonderful friends and family and neighbors who have been so helpful and thoughtful with meals, presents, visits, encouragement, and support!!
Just some random pictures, most of the pictures are on Ryan's new camera and I haven't uploaded those yet-I will soon. And Alli's hair really does get done most days, but you sure wouldn't guess from these pictures!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Those little girls of yours are so cute. I love the photos you had done of them. Hope your Christmas was wonderful and that you guys are doing well!