I have seriously got to get better at staying caught up. Short, little posts would be much easier to write seeing as they wouldn't take so long so hopefully that can happen more now.
Today was Cameron's baby blessing and everything went so well! We missed our family who couldn't be here and were thrilled to see everyone who could! We feel so blessed to have such great support from all of our family (those here and those who couldn't be).
I am also just so grateful for the power of the priesthood. I have already posted about that, but man I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father gave us such a precious gift to help us in this life. Hearing priesthood blessings just strengthens my testimony of Heavenly Father and I can not imagine not knowing He is there for us, He loves us, and He wants to help us. The priesthood is another wonderful evidence of this.
Cameron's blessing was beautiful. And really how neat is the concept of baby blessings? I was thinking about this earlier today that we surround this sweet, precious baby with some of the many people who care about it and give them a blessing from Heavenly Father. Some of the things I could remember from Cameron's blessing were
* Follow the guidance of the Holy Ghost
* Have the Strength and Courage to rely on the help of others to learn and grow
*You will bring you family closer together through your joy and happiness.
* Worthily serve a mission and receive the blessings from the service
* Stand up for what is right and make good choices.
* Realize the by following the guidance of the Holy Ghost you are doing Heavenly Father's will.
* Always live worthy to hold the priesthood.
And then we celebrate them being born with food! We had such yummy food (french dip sandwiches, delicious salads family members brought, and awesome desserts-peanut butter bars, brownies, pumpkin bars, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, and apples with caramel dip as well as snack food chips/dip)-seriously I obviously have a thing for food!! I wish I would have taken more pictures of after the blessing at our house, we had lots of family and some of our favorite friends and neighbors who live close by.
Sweet sleepy baby-loove his chunky arms!
(Seriously I am the LEAST photogenic person on the face of the planet-so if you ever think you may not look good in pictures, I can show you that in comparison you look GREAT!!)
And my HAPPY little dude, just up from his nap and all full of milk. He is such a handsome lil guy! I wanted his outfit to be soft and when I saw the shorts option I couldn't bear hiding his chubby legs. Only thing is I couldn't find matching booties in time :(
I loved watching my girls interacting with different family and friends. Probably my favorite moment was Alli was out on the deck and our 80 year old neighbor Doug came in to the living room and Alli must have seen him from outside because she cam running in (I was a little afraid she would tackle him) yelling "DOUG" and gave him a big ole hug around his legs. And then after the dinner she and Ilene were so excited to go visit our back neighbors the Bennetts and when our next door neighbors are outside working in their yard within just a few minutes they are wanting to be helping them. :) I love how much love my kids are surrounded with and I am so grateful for all of the examples in their lives!
1 month ago
2 comments:
It really was such a great day! I'm glad we could be part of it.
He is just so cute!! Hope we can meet him soon. And it sounds like the blessing was awesome!!
Post a Comment