One day while I was teaching piano and she was at her "friends'" house the 14 year old girl gave her a makeover. So when I showed up to get her, this is what I saw. She had make up on, her hair "done", fingernails painted-the works. She loves playing with
I haven't posted anything about what Alli is doing these days lately besides the run-down of what we are doing. She is almost 2 and a half (in another month or so) so here are some things about her. When I had my doctor's appt. Ryan attempted at a weight/height check so it's completely accurate I am sure. But she is 38 in. tall and weighs 32 lbs. I am guessing she is still tall, but who knows? She wears a size 9 (yeah seriously I think her feet are LARGE, but mine aren't exactly small so I don't know what I was expecting) shoe although some 9s are still big. :) She loves princess things, and even if something isn't really princess- it is to her. So we have a princess cat, princess play-do, princess cookies (especially if she is pretending to make them for us which happens frequently) etc. etc. She loves to weed outside-which I think is a hint that I need to do it more! She is really helpful and will sort the silverware and help put her laundry away a little bit. She loves learning and is always asking for "school time" which consists of us drawing "shapes" or doing puzzles. It doesn't necessarily have to be actually learning about anything real, but if I call it school time she is happy. She always wants to be 3 because that is when I told her she could finally go to school so if she is asked how old she is she will say 3 most times and is very aware that her birthday is in March and that is when she will be 3. She loves to sing and will often sing made up songs or her ABCs or Old MacDonald. Her favorite primary song is definitely Follow the Prophet because in nursery they walk around in a circle while they sing it so she will often have us do that during FHE. She still loves to play the piano and dance. She does a fabulous somersault (for real, it's usually straight and everything-better than mine) and after she does a few she wants us to do them-not so cute. I am not sure how she learned how to do these because I never showed her or told her. She is quite the little daredevil and has decided that riding her horse isn't quite exciting enough. I think in a parade she saw a vaulting school float with a girl doing tricks on a pommel horse so she decided to try things on her own horse?
She talks A LOT, which I love. Her little voice is a sound I really could never tire of-except maybe when she is screech/yelling random sounds. I love hearing her yelling "Mo-om, wher r yoo" if she can't immediately see me, and I love that she likes to go everywhere I am going. She is fully potty trained and has been since the beginning/middle of July. Luckily she has yet to have an accident at night so I am hoping she won't ever. :) She will race if you say "me first" to go to the bathroom because if she hasn't told me she needs to go in a few hours I will remind her. Some of the other phrases she uses are: where is it and most times more specific like where is my______, who buyed it, who made it (like in reference to food we have bought that she likes), Crack (I think she is meaning crap) when she drops something-awesome habit, attempting to break it, school time, dance time, there is my _______ (dance class, daddy's work, grandma's school, house etc), Spit it out (if we have eaten something of hers), that's cool, I bring this with me, Here, try some or I try some?, and a whole bunch of other random things. It is getting to the point that she can pretty much say whatever she wants/needs to so if she is trying to say something she will pause or maybe repeat the first few words a few times until she can think of the word she is looking for. She knows lots of animals and sounds, a few colors (consistently pink, blue, and mostly yellow), can count to ten randomly and pick out numbers 1, 2, and 3, and is really fixated with the letters of her name so she now knows they are A, L, and I. She likes for us to write her name, my name, and Ryan on lots of things, and most common shapes-circle, square, TRIANGLE-that's her favorite and the one she always knows and will randomly point out to me, star, heart. And she loves to cut paper and most other art stuff-painting, drawing etc. She is still very much a girly girl (although she loves playing sports, rough housing with daddy, and playing outside getting dirty) who loves nail polish, the color pink, picking out the bow/flower to match her outfit, and picking out her shoes or outfit. She will often tell us "I Say No" or "I Say Yes" or my favorite "I say Sure" and the i say yes/no is if we are trying to get her to do something she doesn't want to do and she is making her opinion even more known, and I love " I say Sure" because usually that is if we are asking her to do something or share something with us. She is very strongwilled and is much more likely to do something if we give her the options instead of telling her, then she is usually very very cooperative. She is a tough little lady who often gives us a run for our money, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She told us on the way home from church that her mommy and daddy love her and it melted both of our hearts. She is so sweet and loving and caring and has such a tender little personality. We were watching a t.v. show and she saw a baby left alone by its mommy and she was so concerned for the baby and wondered where it's mommy was. She will often ask where _____ mommy is if she sees a child by themselves. We talked about how some parents don't take care of their kids and she wanted those kids to come live with us. She is so excited for her baby sister to come play with her and she is excited to share her dolls with her. She will often randomly feel my tummy and "feel" the baby. She loves her daddy and loves going to visit him at work, but she is still mostly a momma's girl. She loves to "snuggle" at times, but is usually too busy doing who knows what.
No comments:
Post a Comment