CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 1, 2010

And... I LOVE to Dance

So I know the title is super lame, but Girls Just Want to Have Fun is prob still one of my favorite movies, and I think that is one of my favorite lines. Alli has been in a little dance class the past few weeks and it is now over, but she had a great time. She loves doing her "plies" and will do them at the most random times (immediately before getting into her car seat, before brushing her teeth, etc. etc.) and she always says "pilay" or "pi-a" (or something similar, I wish I could mimic it because it's so cute) as she is doing it. She will also do her "princess turns" on her tip toes with her arms above her head. And randomly she will tell me "my dance class, I like it" or if we are going somewhere and go passed the dance studio she will tell me that's her dance class. She is super observant and informs me when we are going passed "daddy's work" "daddy's game-the gym he plays basketball at" or when we turn onto our street and go passed her "friend's house, Mar-our neighbor-'s house, and finally Alli's house." If I go passed that turn she will tell me she wants to go home. It really surprised me the first time she did it a while back, I had no clue she actually knew where we turned to go to our house. So here are some videos of her-the first one is pretty long, over 30 seconds!

Her favorite thing about her class were the "baby shakers" since she has maracas/shakers at home and these were mini ones.

The class was fun, we are having fun letting her try different things out so we'll see if she decides she wants to keep taking her dance class. Her class was for 2-3 so she and one or two other girls are by far the youngest (even though she's the same height as the girls a year older) so she's pretty young, but she loves going.

5 comments:

kate said...

soo cute! i've been looking around for a little class for arleigh. where is this place?

Erin said...

looks like she is having a fun time. too cut!

Christyn and Paul said...

We love watching Ali dancing in the first video. She is so cute. I bet she will keep dancing!

Cori said...

looks like she is gonna be just like her mommy when she grows up!! Soo Cute!

natalie palmer said...

allie and scott need to get together. scott is always trying to copy our dance moves. i secretly wish i could put him in a dance class but james would never let me in a million billion years. so if allie could just be a pseudo dance teacher that would be awesome! :)