1 month ago
Monday, October 25, 2010
Today Alli has been sick, not that it is super out of the ordinary or anything, kids do tend to get sick from time to time :). She was fine yesterday, but woke up really kind of cranky and was super lethargic. She didn't eat a bite of breakfast or lunch, just wanted to lay on the couch and have me rub her back or have me hold her. At about 9:30 as we were sitting on the couch all of a sudden she puked all over both of us. So we got all cleaned up and I figured that was what was wrong. As she was waiting to get in the bath she was shaking because she was chilled, but she had a pretty good fever going on. Anyway so it went pretty much like this all day. She would drink water, but didn't want food or anything else to drink. The whole purpose of this post though is what happened after Ryan came home from work. He asked her if she was feeling any better and she said "No I still feeling sick" so he asked if there was anything he could do to help her feel better and she responded "Take me a blessing." So that is what he did. We have wonderful neighbors who were very willing to come fill her request. I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood and especially that I have a husband who takes his responsibilities as a priesthood holder seriously. I am thankful for my little girl who is much perkier this evening than she has been all day, she even ate a few bites of dinner :). But I am most thankful for a Heavenly Father who truly cares about us enough that He gives us portions of His power to bless us and help us throughout this life. Alli wasn't terribly sick by any means, but I am thankful for these simple experiences that teach her about prayer, the priesthood, and Heavenly Father. I am thankful that through blessings we can get a glimpse of our Heavenly Father's love for each of us and get reassurance that He knows us individually, what is going on in our lives, and what we will need to get through them. A few weeks ago she had a UTI (she is typically a really healthy child!) and she had a blessing then as well. That afternoon we took her to the doctor and she took her anti-biotics and has been great since-she is even informing me that "it doesn't hurt" less and less which I am glad for! I believe Heavenly Father expects us to use doctors and medicine and He blesses us/them with knowledge about what to do. I am thankful for the experiences Alli is having in her life right now because I can tell her testimony is starting to form and hopefully she will be able to use these small and simple things she is learning about prayer and missionary work (since she misses "her Phil" and talks about him often) throughout the rest of her life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment