CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Halloween

I started this post a week or so ago and it wasn't working so for some reason I never finished it. Halloween is more fun each year it seems, kids make everything more exciting! Alli finally decided on being a "Ballerina Kitty Cat" which equals a cat costume with the addition of a 20 year old tutu (mine when I was little) she uses for dress up. :) She was happy with it even though her ears kinda had issues staying on, next time I would do each ear on its own clip instead of a headband.

Our pictures ended up being backwards, but it works I guess. Ryan and Alli carved a pumpkin at my mom's the week before with some cousins so I opted for the painting route for the pumpkins on our porch. Alli looks totally awesome shirtless :) but somehow the only picture of her painting is after the regular shirt was put on and before the painting shirt came on-don't worry she doesn't just chill in our front yard shirtless.

It was a lot of fun painting although I am a horrible painter. Ryan's pumpkins were definitely the best ones.

My mom's ward had a Halloween Carnival Saturday afternoon so we took Alli to that and she had a lot of fun. They had a bunch of fun games and yummy food. It worked out great because the weather ended up being really yucky trying to trick-or-treat so this way she still got to do fun stuff. I think her favorite games were the cupcake walk or musical chairs. When we started taking her trick or treating we had gone to 3 houses so we were like a half block from our house and I could totally see this (what I thought was a sandstorm from how thick the dust/rain was) storm move past a house up the street and suddenly we are getting drenched. So Ryan ran Alli home-covering her with the blanket we had brought to try to protect her from the hail. It was so crazy, it the time it took to get back to our house Ryan and I were both completely soaked and all red from the pelting pea-sized hail! It made for the most gorgeous rainbows I have ever seen, but made the visiting neighbors pretty short-lived. :) Later that night we took her to some of our friends in our neighborhood and we drove the car in case we got stuck again.

Earlier in the week I took Alli to help with my mom's class party at her school. One of Alli's favorite places to be is school, she is so excited for when she can finally start pre-school (not for another year) so she loves going and being with the students. She wanted her own chair to sit out in the hall with the kids and watch the Halloween parade and she was soo good during the party, she would go from the activity I was running (cupcake spiders) to the others and just watch what the kids were doing.
My oldest brother Jason and his family came up to my mom's after they did their trunk-or-treat on Saturday so we went over and got to see them in their costumes. I didn't take my camera and when they came up on Halloween no one was dressed up again so I wish I would have gotten a picture of all of them together-next year?
Halloween was so much fun, I can't wait til next year when we have two little ladies to dress up!

1 comment:

Annie said...

So cute. I love her costume! The tutu matches a kitty perfectly. Looks like you had a great time.