CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter was so much fun this year, and I am pretty sure this is only the beginning because Alli is more excited and more "into it" now that she is a little older. The easter egg hunt (s) were so fun for her, coloring eggs was exciting because it was with some friends and she was pretty thrilled with the sparkles, and the Easter basket was fantastic. We decorated cupcakes like I did when I was little and yes I loved that so much I may have done it when I was in college :). Alli loved helping put the Easter decorations up.
Our impromptu Easter egg hunt (with our real eggs) after we decorated eggs with our friends Saturday afternoon. It was kind of rainy, but that definitely didn't stop them!
Decorating our cupcakes.
Some of the "fancy" eggs
The first Easter egg hunt Saturday morning. Alli had so much fun with BrynLynne, Blake, Tanner, and Dustin.
Later Saturday we had another egg hunt with our neighbors since some of their grandkids were in town. Alli loves when Claire and Dottie come to visit, and luckily Dottie comes to visit quite often so they play together a lot!

Alli was pretty thrilled with her Easter basket and her new Easter dress that matched Ilene's.



Even though I have camera issues and can't get a good picture of the two of them together, I thought they looked adorable in their dresses.

My favorite thing was Alli telling us the Easter story, she loved that Jesus came out of the tomb. Her favorite primary song since then has been "Did Jesus Really Live Again" and she would request it everyday for a while. She knows most of the words so I need to video her singing it. We had a yummy Easter dinner at my mom's house with my oldest brother's family, and of course another fun Easter egg hunt with eggs labeled for each child so they had to hunt for their specific eggs and then plenty that were for anyone. :)

Sidenote: Our next door (and across the street) neighbors are seriously the best, Alli loves to go visit all of them. The funny thing is that one is an 80 year old couple. She will sit on the front porch for literally hours if we would let her. She loves to go talk with them and visit Shea their dog. Then the back neighbors and side neighbors are both empty-nester couples she loves going to visit and playing in their yards. We will go outside and work in the yard and she will sit right by Lamar and Julie or Dave and Karen while they weed etc. I love that she has so many people who love her and would truly do anything for her in addition to her blood-family. The last few weeks and particularly this last weekend our neighbors were so helpful when Alli got hurt. Both of them called later in the day and came to visit to check on her and see if there was anything we needed help with.

No comments: