CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Easter 2012

My favorite thing about Easter this year was that Alli kind of "got" the whole concept.  I was teaching Sharing Time for Primary so I had wanted to use a video of Christ and Alli watched it with me a few times.  She was just so sad they did that to Jesus and I think it helped her understand so much more about His love for us and I had the chance to explain about the Resurrection and although she is so young I think she started understanding bits and pieces of it because she has asked questions and commented about it randomly since then.  I am so grateful for that and for her sweet spirit, I just hope that Ryan and I as parents can help her continue to develop the testimony she has started to build.
     The whole weekend was so much fun filled with some of my favorite traditions!! Easter egg hunts and coloring eggs just get more and more fun each year with these girlies!




 Friday night we colored Easter eggs.
 Ryan and I tried doing a few blown eggs, but we weren't so great at that :).


 Saturday morning we went down to Mona to do the Easter egg hunt with my Jason & Christie and their kids.  Then we went to a whole Easter festival deal they had at Young Living farms.  It was great, we did a wagon ride back to the Easter egg hunt.  Then looked at the (random) animals they had back there-including some elk, buffalo, camels, and some other stuff.  Then we went back up to the main area and saw some cute baby animals, held baby chicks and ducks, Alli and Ilene rode ponies, and Alli played a bunch of games and jumped in the bouncehouse/bounce obstacle course.
 Ilene thought the finding the candy/eggs was okay.  But mostly she was happy sitting and eating her candy. She did find a "prize" egg and won some cool markers.











 The girls playing in the cardboard box "fort" we made Saturday afternoon.  They had so much fun, They colored on the outside to decorate it.



 Our neighbor was having a baby shower so we came back so I could get to that and then later that afternoon we went to their house for our traditional Easter egg hunt.  Seriously, so much fun.  Alli, Ilene, and Claire had a ridiculous amount of eggs to find-we took a bunch and they had a bunch too.




 That night my mom put on a whole Easter party as well because Sunday was cute Bryn's birthday and they had a party planned.  Such a fun evening hanging out eating yummy food and watching the kids find things/play!


 Sunday morning the Easter bunny left Alli clues for a Scavenger hunt to find the Easter stuff for her and Ilene.  For real I totally had a mom-fail this year.  She didn't care and I didn't really care, but I just spaced some of the things I had planned for her so Saturday night Ryan was going to the store for something he wanted and I had him pick up some stuff I had been meaning to get.  So she and Ilene got headbands,  a toy, and some sandals and flip flops.  Alli had already seen her Easter dress so that came from us.  She did have fun trying to figure out where the clues were telling her to go and finding her stuff.  We took some pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses outside.   Not saying we are going to start up a photography business anytime soon :)  














Sunday during church, she loved Primary and I really just love that she is starting to understand more of the real reason why we celebrate Easter and how amazing Christ's sacrifice is for us!


No comments: