CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

June is Busting out...

So maybe it is super late and I am just a *little* sleep deprived, but the titles of these posts are not so great... June was super busy with lots of fun stuff and once again the camera was noticeably absent for the most part :(.  But I did get a few pictures amidst the craziness!.  Alli had swimming lessons at the beginning of June.  She loved them and I loved them because they were GOOD! She seriously made so much progress with actual swimming and especially feeling comfortable with her eyes open under the water.  They did a bunch of things having them jump in off the side and eventually the diving board and they had to "climb" the water to get back up to the top.  One of my big fears has been that one of my kids will fall in to water and not know what to do.  I am still pretty paranoid around water :) but I am slightly comforted that at least Alli is pretty good at some "survival skills".   She got to be really good at floating on her back and swimming regularly.  She seriously was such a great listener and even though she is a little hesitant to do some of the things is I have wanted her to when we are swimming she didn't hesitate at all when her teacher asked her.




 Ryans ankles.  Both are actually considered candidates for ankle reconstruction since the ligaments are too stretched out and they bend way farther than they should.  They are supposed to only go 10 degrees from parallel, but his "good" ankle went past 20 degrees and his "bad" ankle was over 30.


 Alli had a dance recital.  She was a "circus balloon".  I love watching her dance because she has so much fun!!



 We went to the Payson pool (and Seven peaks) a few times.


 Ryan had his surgery.  Here he is getting all prepped.
 And here is after.  His throat was a little from the breathing tube, but luckily they did a nerve block on his leg so his leg didn't hurt at all until the next day :).



And just a few more of silly and exhausted Ilene.  


 She was seriously shoveling her spaghetti into her mouth like she couldn't get it in quick enough! And she had the sauce all over her to prove it.



Alli had a dentist's appt and we tried out a new dentist.  I LOVE him-he and his office are seriously so good.  They are just a regular dentist, but were way more patient than the ped dentist we had been to for her other stuff.  She did AWESOME-sat right up in the chair, no hesitating, just sat super still the whole time.  
She had one cavity at her check up so I was kind of nervous how she would do with her filling, but again she amazed me and the office completely impressed me.  The dentist did GREAT giving her the shot, she didn't even feel it and she sat up so grown up.  

 At the beginning of June we got to hang out with my brother James, his wife Natalie, and their kids Scott and Sara.  They had to go to AZ to get some house stuff arranged before their move so they left their kids here so my mom was watching them for a few days.  One of the days we went to Chuck E Cheese.  Alli was loving playing with Scott and Ilene was loving following them around.


 We went to the park one of the days.
 And the reservoir.  We have loved that reservoir this summer.  It has a great sandy area where the girls love to play and it is especially fun when Ryan goes so he can catch fish.  Then I can build us a pond area for them to swim around in while we are there.

 Notice my super classy child.  This was the first time we went and I didn't think to pack swimming suits-yep awesome mom! I stupidly thought they would just wade around and play in the sand-do I not know my own kids and how Ilene will inevitably fall over at some time??
 And all the adults went out to eat at Brick Oven to celebrate Jason's job and James' med school graduation.  It was a lot of fun hanging out, the only thing that would have made it better is if Bryan and Annie were there to celebrate their finishing of RESIDENCY-big big deal!!
 Random pregnancy shot.  I think I am about 36 or 37 weeks here?

We went to Park City at the end of June for a few days for Ryan's work trip and this was with everybody at one of the restaurants.  It was delicious, but SLOW!  

Us at that restaurant.  
Ryan going on the Alpine coaster.  They did this and the Alpine slide and this was his favorite.    We didn't think Ryan would be able to go seeing as he was on crutches and had his giant cast on, but luckily they let him on.  

 We took the girls (and our babysitter) with us so while they went on the coaster and slide we went to the carousel and got chocolates :).  Then we took the girls and the babysitter back to the hotel and we went to lunch and got massages.  Then Friday night we went to dinner again and hung out talking.  Then Saturday we went to the outlets and came home.  It was fun being able to go swimming with the girls, but still be able to go hang out sans kids with the adults at the dinners and other stuff they had planned-such a great trip!  Poor Ryan was exhausted at the end of the trip because he had to get around everywhere on his crutches and I thought it was great because we had Hailey there with us and and I didn't have to do the daily stuff around the house.  It made me want to just stay on vacation forever!  I wish I would have gotten pictures of us swimming, there was an indoor/outdoor pool, a regular hot tub inside, and then a big mini-pool that was extra heated outside (where we spent most of our time!).  It was perfect because it was plenty big, plenty deep but not too deep so Alli could walk around the whole thing, but not soo big.  Alli loved pretending to be a dolphin and doing dolphin shows and jumping shows with all of her different jumps Hailey taught her.




 Some random mall trip.  The girls will play on the rides (without any money in them) for as long as I will let them.

No comments: