I am finally all caught up. The other two posts are finally "posted" but they are below the belly post. About a month ago we renewed our cell phone contract and got new phones. Both of our phones take way better pictures than our old phones did so half the time I get places and only have my phone. So here are the random pictures from the last few weeks. We went to the "Lil Buckaroo Rodeo" for Salem Days because Alli loved watching the Fiesta Days rodeo so much. She got to do the "money goat" where they let two (poor, undeserving) goats out into the arena with a whole bunch of 2 and 3 year oldsand then they do a separate one for 4 and 5 year olds. I think all of the kids were supposed to end up with a dollar, but Alli was too busy petting the goat after she caught up to it to care. Then she did the "stick horse" race with her imaginary horse. Next year we will remember to take the stick horse with us. She had a lot of fun hanging out watching the kids do there things and told us many times that she wants to do that so maybe we will have a little cowgirl? And I had just taken Alli swimming so that is my reason for why her hair is soo crazy!
Hanging out at the rodeo with daddy, enjoying my prize from "winning" the stick horse race-they gave every kid a certificate that said they won the race with a sucker attached.
Sitting so still getting all painted.
The finished product, I kind of had envisioned a different flower, but Alli was happy with it so that was all that mattered.
Watching "princess" fireworks.
Ready for the money goat.
Collecting candy at the parade with Blake, Dustin, and Bryn!Then after the Salem Days parade they have a carnival of sorts (super small time, but cheap and fun for little kids) with a bunch of different booths. We went with my oldest brother and his family and the kids all had a great time getting their prizes. Surprisingly, Alli decided she wanted her face painted so she used some of her tickets for that. We didn't think she'd hold still the whole time, but she did great. She wanted a "princess" on her face so she settled for a pink and white princess flower. Later that night my mom bought a bunch of pizzas and we went down to the park and ate and watched the "pageant" which was really fun. They had a talent contest thing the night before and the top ten from the different categories performed. Alli loved sitting on Blake's lap watching. And when the fireworks came she was in heaven watching the "princess fireworks." Like always they did a great job with the fireworks show!!!
Ryan has had to go to Vegas a few times for some work shows the last month and seeing as it isn't the most fun place to go to just hang out, especially by yourself, we went with him the last time. Seeing as Ryan would be gone at the show quite a bit my mom came with us so I wouldn't just be hanging out by myself while he was gone. We ended up having a great time playing in our pool at the hotel and going to Circus Circus. It was a short trip, we left Sunday after church and were home early Tuesday evening. We stay at the Golden Nugget because it's a little more family friendly, is off the strip, and has an awesome pool-and it's cheap! The pool has a shark/fish tank in the middle of it and a waterslide goes through tank. Circus Circus is also pretty family friendly and they do circus act shows every half hour or 45 minutes. The only downside is you have to walk through so much of the hotel/casino to get from the parking to the kids area. It was fun though, we watched a girl a girl "dancing" with a net. So it was kind of like a trapeze, but it was a hammock?? She was really impressive though, she would flip around it and at one point was hanging from it using only her neck to hold her up.
Then we saw a juggling act that was decent, and finally we saw two brothers do "foot juggling." I had never seen the foot juggling before, but it was amazing! One brother would lay down on this special chair with his legs in the air and his brother would sit on his feet and then do flips and land back on his feet or land standing and then flip to sitting. Sounds kinda lame, but it was cool to watch. Only downside-one brother was a little too flamboyant so all of his effeminate leg kicks detracted from their actual performance. Between the acts Alli went on the little rides and did the games so it was a great way to spend an afternoon. We had a few adventures driving from our hotel to pick Ryan up or getting where we needed to be-I am not a huge fan of driving with tons of cabs, and getting from the kids play place back to our parking spot. :) But it was fun.




Just a cheeser when I was trying out my phone, but I thought it was cute.
Getting some ice cream.
After the swimming, pre-rodeo.



Just a cheeser when I was trying out my phone, but I thought it was cute.
Getting some ice cream.
After the swimming, pre-rodeo.

2 comments:
You're pregnant!!??? I had no idea and you're totally small for being like 27 weeks. We really need to get together. I live in SL and you live in Salem, right? Do you ever come up here for any reason? Let's really plan something. I would love to see you and catch up. Your daughter is darling, by the way.
Such cute pictures. I can't believe how fast Alli is growing. She is changing so much!
Post a Comment