CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Growing Mama

I have two other posts that I have written, but they have videos in them and our internet is not working right so it won't upload the videos. So, this is what you get-kind of a poor excuse if you ask me.
*Disclaimer-the pictures are poor quality, I guess that's what I get for doing it myself. :) But seriously who wants to post pictures just of them standing sideways in the mirror period, let alone pregnant. I have waited to have Ryan take some when he is home, but I always forget-well at least all of the last 6 weeks since I last took a pic of myself.


There you have it, me and my growing baby (or belly!) at a few days past 27 weeks. I didn't record much of anything when I was pregnant with Alli and I have been curious about what it was like so I want to record more this time around. The rest of this post is random info about the pregnancy etc. - kind of boring for most people. So-size of baby: at the ultrasound a while back she was measuring one day smaller than I am so pretty much right on. Alli measured a few days larger, so not a big change there. At my appointment last week the doc said she was growing "perfectly" so hopefully that will continue. And to my relief, at my last appointment everything checked out great with my blood pressure and protein where the appointment before both were not where they are supposed to be. With Alli I was induced a week and a half early, after being on bed rest for almost 2 weeks because I had developed pre-eclampsia (toxemia or Pregnancy Induced Hypertension) and I hadn't shown any signs of that until at least after 30 or even 32-34 weeks so I didn't want to have any issues, any especially not so early. BUT-at least for now everything is good and hopefully it will stay that way. :) So I am a few days over 27 weeks and am feeling pretty good. My sciatic nerve has been bothering which is something I never had to worry about with Alli. From about 19-23 weeks it was pretty constant and super achy by night time. It is only in my right leg and has been flaring up more and more the last week or so. Sometimes it shoots pain down my leg, but it will be the most random movements that trigger it so I don't really know how not to move to prevent it. Other than that, we are both doing good! I am loving my doctor, he seems really personable and knowledgeable and very helpful. He encourages kids coming so Alli has come to some appointments-usually if Ryan comes. At the last one he had Ryan find the heartbeat and told Alli she needed to come next time so she could be his helper. She seems pretty excited about that. The baby is really active multiple times during the day, but especially early in the morning and late at night. I don't remember feeling/seeing Alli move this much this early. It seems like if she is moving it is all over pretty much at the same time so I see my stomach twitching in lots of spots. It seemed like Alli's movements were stronger when I could actually see them from the outside. It will be fun to meet her and see what her personality is like.

8 comments:

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Amanda you are itsy bitsy!! I would die to look like that at 27 weeks! :o)
I had problems with my sciatic never as well. It is horrible, especially when you feel like you are going to collapse. So I totally feel for you!
Glad to hear all is going well with the pregnancy. It is such a relief when the doc. tells you that everything looks great and the baby is healthy!
Hope all that healthiness continues!! :o)

Christa Skousen said...

You are so small!!! I'm glad everything is looking good!

Cori said...

man you are tiny!! thanks for posting pics! I'll start praying you can go into labor early and just not have to deal with bed rest/ pre eclampsia!

Annie said...

You look great for 27 weeks. This is the part you have got to enjoy before you hit that last month and want to hurt every person that comes in contact with you.

Erin said...

You look great! I had problems too with my sciatic too. It was horrible. I even had problems with it four months after Kaleb was born. Unfortunately the only thing that helped me was ibuprofen, but you can't take it when you are pregnant! So good luck, I feel your pain!

Magdalena said...

Yay for baby! You do look extra fine pregnant I have to say. I have a feeling this time around will be much easier and only a healthy pregnancy is what you'll get.

Erin said...

One of the fun things about each pregnancy after the first, is that you usually feel them sooner than the first one.

natalie palmer said...

i'm having sciatic nerver problems this pregnancy too! i swear i never felt them with scott. but i think my body is just out of wack. its a good idea to journalize the pregnancy more. i think on my blog with scott i made a post announcing my pregnancy and then another announcing his birth! i better do better this time!