CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Make Myself Useful

Alli and I randomly got really sick today-so since I have barely made it off the couch I figured it may be a good time to try to get this blog a little less behind :). I am hoping Ryan and Ilene don't get it, I have not been this miserable in a very long time! So these pictures are from July, Ilene LOVED pulling herself up and walking along things. And Alli just makes me smile, crazy hair and all! And Ilene is just so happy, she gets so excited about so many things. It makes it so fun being with her!

And we were so lucky to have James and Natalie and their family here for a while this summer. I already posted some pictures from their visit, but thisgem of Alli and Scott pretty much is typical of their relationship. They had so much fun playing together, mostly doing random things like the picture. Also while James and Natalie were here we had a delicious fondue night and played games!! It was so yummy and so fun!

During Salem Days in August we hosted a little 3 on 3 bball tournament with 30 teams. It was a lot of work publicizing and getting prizes and then actually running the thing-keeping track of win/loss and then seeding the teams :), but it turned out really well and the response was really positive!
The rest of Salem Days was really fun like usual. James, Natalie, Scott, Phil, Ryan, Alli, and I all ran in the Fun Run-some in the 1 mile and some in the 5k. Alli ran the whole way, which was quite the surprise to me and then Ryan showed his toughness and pushed Alli and Scott in the jogger for most of the 5k and I still couldn't keep up :). The parade was fun followed by some Cafe Rio and sadly the fireworks were almost cancelled due to rain, but luckily we were able to watch them from our deck and the did not disappoint-especially after Ryan added our requested music :).
Ilene decided that climbing the stairs looked like a lot of fun so the little stinker pretty much mastered going up-she still thinks face first is the best option for going down so we always follow her up and help her down, but she sneaks off when she is in the kitchen and then when she gets stuck she lets me know she needs help.


So far there has only been one fall down the stairs-even though she has plenty of bonks on her poor little head from her recent decision to walk!
At the beginning of September Alli started pre-school with "Miss Heather" and she loves it. She is so excited to go and wear her school shoes and school clothes. Here are some of the first day of school shots, she started being goofy and dancing around so I took about 15 and I am pretty sure there isn't a single "normal" picture!




4 comments:

Annie said...

Cute pictures. Those girls sure are growing up! Hope you guys get feeling better soon.

Cori said...

Alexa has that same suitcase thingy!! So cute!! Hope you guys feel better soon

Erin said...

No fun being sick. I hope you guys feel better soon. They grow up so fast! Fun pictures!

The Daley Fam said...

She is so cute! I love that she's dancing around, so you can't take pictures. I get that all the time. I was wondering if she's taking Preschool from Bright Ideas. If so, when does she go? My little girl is taking there, so I was just thinking it would be fun if they were in the same class.