mom,
Ryan, and I) all got in! Well then found out I was pregnant and I was
so sick and exhausted that I pretty well quite exercising except for
teaching spin. Ryan was playing basketball and that was it. So
although I tried to pick up the training a bit for the last month or two
before and thought maybe I would just run/walk the half when Ryan
thought maybe (seeing as I was 24 weeks pregnant) we should switch to the 5 mile it sounded great to me! So
Ryan and I happily switched to the 5 mile run.
Pre-run before we split up for our buses to the starts/post run-also a big thanks to Phil & Kacie for taking care of our girls while we ran and to Jason & Christie for making sure Phil & Kacie made it to the finish!
It was great going up to the start of the run up the canyon, Ryan and I hiked
around a bit (meaning we were CLEAR up the cliff since we kept going cutting back and forth just a little higher each time all the way up) on the rocks while we waited at the start and it was just
fun running and hanging out with Ryan. He was quite the guy and stayed with me the
whole time-even though I tried to convince him before and during the run to just run
however fast he wanted to instead of staying with me seeing as he is obviously much faster! So we had a great
time talking and just enjoying the run. We (I) were not fast at all and
this whole baby thing really makes the bathroom situation just all that
more fun with running so I stopped and any time I felt my stomach
getting tight or anything I would walk until it went away. My mom did
the half and she was soo sick with a terrible cold and
on a bunch of cold medicine, but she still did great! After the runs we
got some lunch and went to Arches. Our neighbor had told us about their
favorite arch-the Sand Dune Arch- so we went there and it was perfect
for kids-and grown up kids! SOFT sand and plenty of things to climb on
and jump off. Ryan was of course climbing like a crazy person with
Phil. Jason was the only adult male with enough sense to stay down so
he didn't end up with a broken ankle or something :).
My crazy husband thought it was a great idea to climb up onto the tallest of rocks/arches and jump off-and Phil went right along with it!
Me with all of the kids-a few were slightly nervous so I got to sit in for the pic.
After the Sand Dune Arch we walked to the "Broken Arch". And we opted to see the rest of everything from the car as we drove past :) so it was a great time at Arches! Then it was pizza and some hang out time in the hot tub.
Sunday was rainy so we headed to Sacrament meeting and then drove out to a cool little beach on the river, but it was too muddy and still raining to get out so we headed back home and got home Sunday afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment