CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 5, 2012

More About Alli

 Here are more things-just the normal things that I want to always remember about my Alli Girl when you were a new 4 year old girl. 
When you are telling us things you often repeat words while you think of the next word you need.  And you talk VERY animatedly when you are telling us things.  You have a crazy good memory which works great for mom and also not so great! On Saturday when I was at a baptism I told you what we needed to get at the grocery store and when you went with dad while I was gone you told him everything to get.  You said-cereal-the creamy kind (Cream of Wheat), cream cheese-strawberry and your baseball glove because you like to play catch! When I tell you something happened to someone-a neighbor had surgery and another was in a car accident recently and Bryn broke her arm.  You are so concerned and you remember for a LONG time after and you will ask how they are or say how you hope they are hope and will heal quickly.  You want to Choose the Right and will often tell us-hey that is choosing the right or vice versa.  You ask lots and lots of questions and I hope you will always feel like you can ask me anything you are wondering about or want to know.  I love you soo soo very very much Alli and I am thankful every hour of every day that I get to be your mom!! I love watching you grow and learn and I love the little person you are so quickly becoming! I wish there was a way for me to truly capture how great I think you are and how lucky I feel that you are my little girl.  I love reading you stories (when you pick me instead of dad) before bed and I love singing your primary songs every night because you tell dad various reasons for why I should sing instead of him.  Sometimes it is because I am in primary, or because I do music class.  You will often give us clues for things instead of just giving us your answer.  You will say things like - the one who does _________ or the one who is wearing ___________ or the one who did __________ or me.  We often have great discussions at bedtime as you try to stall and most nights mom/dad give in and it is soo amazing to both of us to truly see in your mind!  You keep us on our toes and I am constantly trying to think of ways I can preserve your sweetness and innocence as you get older.  You are so eager to learn about the gospel and I just hope and pray every day that I can know what YOU need to know and how best I can teach you.  A few nights ago going to sleep I was singing "Love One Another" and you asked what a "discible" was so I explained it.  Then you said that mean people don't love one another.  I said nope, and you said Satan doesn't love one another.  Then I asked you how you thought Satan felt with his choices and you said he was sad.  I told you that even though it won't be easy, it will always be better and make you happier to choose the right.  I told you that I am so glad I have made good choices so we get to be an eternal family.  You said that after I die and daddy dies and you die and Ilene dies and baby brother dies we will be a family in Heaven.  You told me that heaven is in our hearts and we started talking about heaven and what it is like.  We talked about our family members who are there and your friend Glenna who is there and how when Doug dies they will be so happy to be together again.  You said you don't remember Heaven and living with Heavenly Father and we talked about the veil and how we have to forget what it was like so we can make choices here.  We decided that we don't need to be scared to die because we have so many friends and family we will be excited to see, but that we don't want to die now.  You got teary and told me you would miss your teddy bears and I told you I didn't want you to die for 80 years which seemed to satisfy you.  Usually our conversations are a little shorter than that, but I hope I can help you gain a testimony and know how loved you are by your Heavenly Father and Jesus.
Playing on the pirate ship waiting for our car last week you told me that the Holy Ghost is our heart and then you told me Heavenly Father and Jesus are the hard parts of our heart-I am guessing our ribs?? So sometimes you are randomly thinking about things and it catches me off guard and I wonder where you have heard things from!!! Most of the time your observations keep me laughing!
Right now daddy has a hurt ankle and a broken finger and he has said he is falling apart.  Well yesterday something was broken and you piped in with-It is falling apart like daddy! You told dad he isn't old because you are old when you are like 69.

I really really wish I could just record most everything you say because no matter what it is Alli we want to hear it and even if you are mad or sad or completely happy most times the way you say things and the phrases you pick up make us smile and love you all the more!

No comments: