CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Drowning

I started this post in the middle of January and now most of the "excitement" we were going through has subsided for now.  But the title I picked for the post pretty well describes how I was feeling at the time and even though now looking back it seems a little exaggerated I truly felt like there were so many things going on and so many things that needed to be done and although there are people who can help I was the only one who could actually take care of them all.   I think that is how it is as a mom a lot of times, Ryan is willing to help where he can and there are others who are there to help, but most of the responsibility for certain things lands squarely on my shoulders (and other things are definitely on Ryan's thankfully!)  :).  This isn't atypical for a family at all, but with 3 little little kids and a big trip coming up and sickness and Ryan being out of town a lot in a short span of time (thank heavens for my mom or I for sure would have completely lost it during one of these trips!!) I felt like I was perhaps drowning in everything to do-most of the time I feel like I am bobbing-but that is doable! Anyhow, I am back to the typical bobbing where sometimes I feel like we are perhaps underwater, but a lot of the times we can catch our breath.  So the first part of the post is from the middle of January and then I have added the last part since then.


I really really do not love when Ryan leaves town for work.  If it is only occasionally it isn't so bad, but this last week and a half was rough!  He left last Tuesday at 5 am and got home Wednesday night about 11? Then left Wednesday afternoon at 4 and got home Friday evening and flew to LA Saturday morning at 7 to get home Saturday night (thank heavens!) at 11.  It could be much much worse and when I really think about the actual amount of time, it isn't so bad.  But for the girls they end up having a harder time (extra whiny, more tantrums=extra fun for mom!) and I am just overall more exhausted so the 3 trips back to back pretty well wore me down! It made it extra exciting because two weeks ago Ilene had *finished mid-Feb :)  a random infection.  There were a few nights (a Thursday and a Friday) that she slept horribly!! She was awake whining/crying for a few hours each night.  I didn't have a clue what was going on so I ended up giving her some Ibuprofen, but that really didn't help a whole lot.  Friday night I gave her some and put her to bed about 8 and by 11 she was awake and in pain.  I gave her Tylenol and anything I could think of for teething (I thought maybe it was molars?) but still she couldn't sleep through it.  I asked Ryan to give her a blessing and Phil was here so she was able to help with it.  As I held her for that as soon as they started I felt so much peace come over me and I knew that everything would be okay.  She calmed down and was able to sleep.  Well the next morning about 5 I was feeding a slightly fussy Cam and Ilene woke up and came out of her room.  As soon as I saw her I knew something was wrong because her cheek was super swollen.  Ryan and I checked some options on Dr. Google, but on the way over to the pediatrician we felt like it was probably an abscess from her one filling she had done at the beginning of December.  We took her in to the pediatrician and after a thorough exam he felt sure it was osteomyelitis of her axillary bone (cheek bone).  She didn't have pain by her tooth so we ruled out the abscess option.  This would mean being on iv anti-biotics for a while.  They did a full blood workup at the office which she was a CHAMP for! Seriously no tears only one minor whimper at the very end (but it still made me so sad seeing her laying there being so brave!).  She was so brave.  Then they sent us to the hospital for a CT scan and he told us just to stay there because once the results were back confirming then we would be admitted right away.  So we went over and once again she did so well with the CT scan.  They thought they may have to sedate her before, but she didn't need anything just laid up there soo still.  Well when the results came back we got such awesome news that it came back clear.  Her bone was fine unlike what he had suspected.  She was put on a really strong anti-biotic and we came home. I seriously felt like I had gotten a few days of my life back because we were planning on being with her at the hospital for a while.  This was a few days before Ryan's first work trip.  On Monday the ped called the check on her and he told us to take her in to the dentist after she had been on her anti-biotic for close to the two weeks and have him check for an abscess because even though that had been ruled out he wanted to make sure it still wasn't that.





Well after visiting the dentist and getting x-rays sure enough they hadn't filled the cavity deep enough and it had essentially sealed off the bacteria that caused the cavity so it spread up into her cheek :(.  So after she had finished her anti-biotic course and gotten a nasty painful yeast infection from the anti-biotic (even though she was taking pro-biotics to prevent this) they pulled the tooth.  She was super brave for that too.  I felt so bad for her, they gave  her some nitrous oxide then 5-6 numbing shots and then just dug it out :(.  She was soo brave-seriously such a tough little chicka!! Now she tells us her tooth is "gone doctor out all done brave".  So from January 5th (really Jan 3rd when it started to hurt her) to when they pulled her tooth out January 22nd we were dealing with random tooth infection issues.  But she is all good now-all infections gone! And Cam's ear infection was a quick fix :).


No comments: