CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 15, 2013

Dolphin Cruise




 A few left over pictures from the beach/Disneyland.  I would say Cam is the true definition of "beach bum" :).  Ilene and Cam really enjoyed shooting the Buzz guns.
3 cute little kids-not sure what Alli is doing-in Sleeping Beauty's Castle...
After our fun at Disneyland everyone else headed home but we wanted to go to church in Ryan's favorite ward from his mission-he spent almost 10 months in this stake between 2 different areas and there are just a lot of really great people-so we hung around for the afternoon before starting to drive. Ryan had found a groupon for a "sea life tour" and my mom and James and Natalie and their fam had gone on one while we were with our friends earlier in the week and it had sounded fun before the trip when we looked at things we wanted to do so we fit it in.  It was really fun! At first it was pretty uneventful and just kind of a nice boat ride.  





 Eventually we saw this buoy with some California sealions and 2 male boobies which is apparently pretty rare for California (the boobies), but since I am really not all that into birds we were still hoping for something cool in the water...


 Pretty well out to the turnaround point they said they thought there was a pod of dolphins in this area and sure enough as you looked out in the water 50-100 yards ahead the "waves" looked different and as we got closer you could tell those white caps were the fins.  Then we were in the middle of a HUGE pod (apparently a school which is multiple pods joined together?) of 400+ dolphins.  It was soo amazing because they were all over the place-under the boat, in front, behind, on both sides, out farther etc.  Some were swimming right with us, others were jumping.  It was so cool to see!!







 After the cool tour we grabbed some food at Famous Dave's which was right night to the pier.  The girls LOVE the ribs.


 I love our dainty little Ilene grabbing a rib while taking a drink and in the back of Alli's pic she is totally going down on it!

 Poor Cam was so worn out.  This is at the hotel.  He slept while Ryan and I took turns going swimming with the girls.  Ryan did work while I swam and I got Cam to sleep while he swam.  Then we hit the Nike outlet next to our hotel.  It was a pretty decent stop with some great prices :).  Cam is super excited about his shoes he scored!

 The girls loved these balls and Ilene found the shoes she is wearing and loved them.  We figured she could use a new pair and they were on sale for a great price so we couldn't pass them up :).
Alli being goofy trying on a sports bra.  
While poor Ryan drove and the kids were quiet you can guarantee I was passed out...I may or may not be completely sleep deprived ;).  
I hesitate to post this picture because you may recommend us for Nikeholics anonymous, but truly we stopped at the Nike Outlet by our hotel in Barstow, made a stop in Primm where there are more outlets and added a few clearance things to our Nike stash, and then Ryan ran into the Nike outlet he likes in Las Vegas-all in the same day!  But for about 250.00 we got 7 adult pairs of shoes, 4 pairs of kids shoes, a pair of workout pants, tank top, t shirt, and 2 hoodies for me; a shirt for each of the girls, 2 pairs of basketball shorts for Ryan, and 6 t-shirts for Ryan.  I would say that is a whole lot of great stuff-Obviously Cam was thrilled with our "issue" :).  
Alli and Ilene with their treats from Disneyland...I should have taken a picture with Alli's charm bracelet and necklace souvenirs and Ilene's phone and set of princesses and Cam's basketball. 

And lastly, Ryan brought me these beautiful roses home "just because" when he went to Costco to get gas and offered to get groceries and I took him up on it-you can bet I will take advantage of that more often!

No comments: