A few weeks ago we had a rotisserie chicken from Sam's club for dinner. Alli asked if she could have the wishbone and of course she could. So she broke it and made her wish...turns out she wished that she could be magic. Somehow she realized that probably wouldn't happen so she made a different wish. The next day she was playing outside and she asked/told Ryan (as she realized)-My wish hasn't already come true! He asked what she wished for and she wished she could turn into an animal :). Clearly her imagination is alive and well!
On Monday she came home from school with lots of things to tell me about things she had learned. That night though she started telling me about the children in the pilgrims and how there was a big storm and they watched their things go back out to the ocean with big waves. Apparently a girl in our ward who is a 6th grader at her school is doing a fundraiser collecting money to send to the Philippines :). Once I figured out what she was meaning I asked if she meant the Philippines and she laughed and said "Oh yeah". They have been learning a lot about the 1st Thanksgiving and the pilgrims etc and I love hearing everything she is learning! I am so thankful for such a great teacher and I am especially grateful because I would not be nearly as successful if I were homeschooling her...in fact I think it would definitely ruin our relationship :).
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment