They had a cool little Lorikeet feeding area so Ryan and Phil held the nectar cups and worried they were going to spend the rest of the day walking around with little presents from the birds. :) Alli preferred observing from a close (or not so close) distance and I was glad I didn't have the nectar because I still had birds landing on my shoulders and "chirping" right in my ear and that was plenty for me. There was a really cool Kraal (African word for corral) petting zoo area with a couple different breeds of animals from the "deer" family. Their elephant herd was the best one I've ever seen. There were 2 tiny baby elephants, 2 slightly larger, and 2 "young teenage" elephants in with the adults. I've never seen such a small baby before so it was fun to watch.
Alli's favorite part of the wild animal park was the "Conservation Carousel" that we were fortunate enough to ride a couple times :) She wanted to ride a "horse" so she's on the animal that looks the most like the horse. The second time we were not so smart and went in the nest that we could spin. Spinning and morning sickness nausea=sickest I've ever been on a ride, and most my head has hurt for quite some time. Not the best decision on my part, but Alli wanted to go in it so I took her.
There were a couple of Hispanic kids in there with us and I felt bad because half way through we had to be done spinning or I was definitely going to lose it, so for the rest of the ride and I just kept my eyes closed and hoped everything would "stay put."
After that we went to SeaWorld and Alli took a nap on the drive and through part of Seaworld which worked out great because then we went on the rides first. It was nice everywhere we went with rides because we could do a "child switch" so one person would watch Alli and everyone else would go and then someone else would stay with Alli and everyone else would go and just jump to the front of the line. So it definitely cut down on the wait time. Phil & Ryan took full advantage of this while waiting for me to go on a ride with Alli [which by the way was the ONLY time I got asked if I was expecting on the entire trip- I said no. I was wearing a baggy shirt, not showing at all, going on a ride with a two year old??? My doctor had said I was fine to go on most things, so I did:) ] and said they had a kid. They were in the child pass line and the lady asked if they had a kid. Phil said, "yeah we have a kid." Then quickly added "well not together, he has a kid." haha the two of them make me laugh. This video was the result of that ride, and although it's exaggerated, it still is probably one of my favorite things from the trip.
After Alli woke up we went through the animal exhibits which were really cool. I love how big the "habitats" are for most of the animals. They had an Arctic exhibit that was awesome with a walrus that was being fed as we went through, polar bear that Ryan and Alli saw playing a ton, and 2 active Beluga Whales. We saw the penguins or "pengoes" which Alli thought were really cool. They had one area that had 8-10 different species in together so it was neat to compare sizes and personalities.
We saw the shows- Dolphins & Whales, Sea Lions (which are so hilarious, they are definitely one of my favorite animals), and of course the Shamu show. It amazes me the stadiums they have for those shows, especially Shamu-it's huge and it's practically full EVERY night!
2 comments:
So, so, jealous.
Your trip looks so fun! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment