Ryan and I met while going to school at BYU. We have been married for almost 5 years and have more and more fun as time goes on. We have two little girls I am lucky to stay home with. Ryan's favorite things include working around the house on any project-right now it is finishing the basement, playing basketball-or football or softball, and flyfishing. I enjoy cooking, "crafting", and teaching spin classes. We love our life and are excited for what the future will bring!
"You were not created to be the same as men. Your natural attributes, affections, and personalities are entirely different from these of a man. They consist of faithfulness, benevolence, kindness, and charity. They also balance the more aggressive and competitive nature of man. The business world is competitive and sometimes ruthless. We do not doubt that women have both the brain power and the skills to compete with men. But by competing they must of necessity, become aggressive and competitive. Thus their godly attributes are diminished and they acquire a quality of sameness with man. The conventional wisdom of the day would have you be equal with men. We say, we would not have you descend to that level."
-President Ezra Taft Benson
***
Who's Visiting?
Thankful Journal
It seems that it is so easy to get jealous of things or people or just to be discontent with life so to hopefully help me be better with this I am going to list things I am grateful for. First off is reasons why I am grateful to be a stay at home mom, even though it sometimes means missing out on other things.
11.2.09
1-Seeing Alli "rocking" her baby today to her baby song.
2-Dancing with Alli around the living room to her music class songs.
3-Hearing her talking and laughing all day long-and sometimes screaming because it means I can hear!
4-Having her help me sweep the kitchen floor and then watching her later use the broom as a "nay nay"
5-The many spontaneous kisses I received from her today!
What would I do without this little loving ball of energy? I really do not know!
11.3.09
1-seeing Alli's cute little Plumber's crack while she "works" around the house.
2-planting flowers with my best little helper.
3- Her happiness at getting a "band" on her scratch.
4-Her excitement at helping me make the bed.
11.4.09
1. Cuddling her sick little body (not thankful she's sick, but thankful I can stay with her when she's sick).
2. RS tonight, it was fabulous and so inspiring!
11.5.09
1. Getting to watch her ride the long duster as her horse.
2. Taking her to see the horses on our run this morning.
I have so many posts to put up, but I keep thinking I need to do them "in order." Well they won't be in order, but there are going to be lots of posts coming so I no longer feel like a delinquent blogger.
We met in our ward at the end of November 2004. Ironically enough the Mr. had decided not to date any girls in his ward and any freshman girls. I did not want to get married until after I had graduated and gone on a mission. However almost a year and a half later (March 3, 2006) we were married in the Salt Lake temple. He has worked for Northstar alarm so we have moved around a bit and are now hopefully settled. Last year I taught school and now I get to stay home and teach some piano lessons. We are excited to see what the future will bring.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
No comments:
Post a Comment