went into the MTC to serve a mission in the Arizona Tucson mission. We will miss him lots, but are so glad he is where he is. Last Sunday during his "farewell" talk in church he definitely seemed ready to go. I think he's grown up a lot getting ready to go, and I know he'll grow a ton on his mission. He'll be a great missionary just because he has truly gained a strong testimony of the gospel and he wants to share the joy he had with others (I'm sure this is true with any missionary!). It was all great dropping him off until Alli realized she wouldn't be going in with him (he's pretty much one of her very favorite people). She said "with him?" I said "No you can't go with him" and she responded "I want to see him" and I thought "well how bout in two years?" but she's been great with the fact that he's on a mission and he's teaching the kids about Jesus. I think knowing where he is and what he is doing is helping. That and she has fun drawing him pictures. If you want other updates I'll post them on his blog elderphillippalmer.blogspot.com so hopefully that will stay a little more updated on how he's doing. BUT funny thing is today Alli was talking about "each ids bout Jesus" so I started listening to what she was saying. She said "say bye bye to parents" so I asked her who she was saying bye to-her parents. I asked where she was going-teach kids about Jesus- and I asked who she was going with. She thought for a second and then said-"my Phillip." I asked if she missed him and she said yes, but I think she is also okay with what he is doing so that makes it much better. :) I'm just glad she understands that it is a good thing he's doing and that she will always have that example to follow!
1 month ago
2 comments:
This is always so hard, but such a good thing all at once. I know Phil will do great, and come back an even better man.
we're so sad we couldn't be at the mtc but i'm glad he has a blog so we can see everything he's doing!
Post a Comment