Ryan had already flown to California when the girls woke up Wednesday morning so Alli started making him a card. It was a super cute card and then she made an envelope and taped it all together "because she was missing him". Even though these trips are short, they sure do result in girls who miss their dad quite frequently!
The girls had a tea party with one of their favorite friends-Kapri. They were pretty particular about what they wanted and they made namecards to show each person's place :). Alli's hair was getting curled for her recital.
Dropping Alli off with her friends. I love her little dance bag for her tap shoes!
Alli striking a pose before...anyone know how to get the normal smile during a picture?? Alli goes from her darling normal smile to this contrived half smile!
Alli posed Ilene for this picture :).
A couple pics during the dance.
Alli is the back row on the far right.
 |
On the stage after she was all done. She did great and had so much fun!! She even got some flowers . Sadly Dad had to miss the recital and somehow in my serious efforts and planning to record her entire dance for him to see a wrong button got pushed (Pam from the Office...) and when we checked it at the end there was nothing!! :( I was so sad, but I found one of the other parents whose little girl is right next to Alli for most of the dance and luckily they had recorded it. We had gotten awesome seats so I could be sure to get a good video, but theirs is definitely better than the nothing we had :(. |

We had a little girls' date the next day while Ryan was gone and got our toenails painted :). I sure do love my kids. These two cute girls are so fun to do girl stuff with and I am loving their personalities I see more and more of each day! I love how often they play so well together and are so caring with each other. I love the fun things they say as they get older. Alli has some fabulous explanations and loves trying to "sell" me on things-buying her certain extra shirts or shoes or letting her have just one more treat or watch just one more show etc. Ilene has started telling me I am the "bestest mom" so I hear this frequently from both girls. Luckily I hear this more than they tell me I am a mean mom or the worst mom ever, or Ilene has told me a few times "you stupid mom" at nap time :(. I am just glad that the good far, far outweighs the rudeness! And Cam is just happy and funny and he makes us all laugh. My favorite is how funny he realizes he is and then he laughs even more. Yesterday getting him down for his late afternoon/early evening nap he was just on a funny kick and was super playful! He would grab for his bottle and then laugh and I had to answer the door in the middle so when I came back he had grabbed at his bottle (he was in his crib) and then saw me and started laughing and trying to crawl away from me. So I grabbed him up and his whole body just tensed and he laughed and laughed so much. I love just how playful he is!!! I feel soo soo lucky every single night (truly) to be the mom to these 3 kids, I can't imagine anything better!!
No comments:
Post a Comment