A few weeks ago Alli had her pre-school graduation. Cam was clearly pretty excited to be there ;).
She was so excited for the program! She told us numerous time "I just can't wait!!"
She gets excited, but sometimes when she is extra excited she is a little bit bashful about it but just has this quiet/contained happiness and looking through her portfolio they made I could tell she was pretty pleased with her work :).
After the program there was a little bbq so here is Alli with Ilene and a few of her other favorite friends Ruby and Alexia.
Alli also had her last gymnastics class. She loves gymnastics, but hasn't really loved her new teacher for the last 2-3 months. We got spoiled with her first coach-Sabrina!!But Alli was/is pretty thrilled with the trophy she got! I don't have great pictures of her doing her class because I am always wrangling Cam and Ilene and her equipment is much more spread out :(.
Ilene is starting her somersault. I just love watching these girls do their tricks and I love seeing their happeiness! Her leggings look super weird for some reason. She usually wears this cute gymastics outfit...should have this day too :).
Getting stamps at the end of class is definitely a highlight! It is so hard for Alli to be there for Ilene's class and not do anything-she does pretty good so she usually gets stamps at the end too.
Seriously these sleeping sisters just melt my heart!
Happy "little" Cam Man at grandma's retirement party!


My mom is retiring this year after 37 years of teaching school!! She is such a great teacher and is always so willing to put in whatever time and effort necessary to teach her students and help the teachers around her. She seriously has such a great way with kids and has a great feeling in her classroom. She will definitely be missed by those around her! I heard soo many times during this party they had just how much they will miss her and how sad they are that she is leaving and on and on about specific things she did. I don't know if she will ever know just how many teachers she inspired to be a little better and especially how many students' lives she touched with her positive, caring attitude! It was really fun hearing how all of these past and present coworkers feel about her! Selfishly I am thrilled she is retiring because that means she has more time to spend with her kids and grandkids! I think that is truly the only reason she could ever retire, nothing else would be enough incentive to stop doing what she loves doing! So these are some of the teachers she taught with for a LONG time at Larsen elementary and one of the principals there. She team-taught kindergarten with Phyllis for such a long time and then She, Phyllis, Afton, and Ann taught second grade together for many years. After they retired she kept teaching and then worked with BYU and multiple schools with all of the students in the education program and then worked with only Park Elementary and then because she really loves teaching so much wanted to finish her career with students.
No comments:
Post a Comment